cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggest MCU and 10'' LCD eval kit or parts

Paul1
Lead
Posted on June 17, 2016 at 19:24

Hi, I'm totally frustrated with Microchip Harmony, so looking for suggestions on getting quickly up to speed using ST ARM.

Hoping to start with a kit or list of compatible parts to build:

- 10'' to 11'' Display with Touch screen (bonus if in wall mount enclosure or has bezel)

- dual RS-485

- 3 analog inputs, 3 digital inputs, 5 digital outputs

- (We have a custom power circuit)

- (Is there a tool for developing my LCD screens? buttons and the like?)

- an ARM MCU (its time we moved to ARM for our new products)

That's all it needs. Where to start?

Paul

1 REPLY 1
Lead
Posted on June 20, 2016 at 08:12

> Hi, I'm totally frustrated with Microchip Harmony, so looking for suggestions on getting quickly up to speed using ST ARM.

If you are looking for an alternative RTOS, there are literally dozens available for Cortex M (including ST's STM32). Like FreeRTOS for instance (there is a PIC32 port, too).

For the rest, I think you need to look yourself. There are plenty of evaluation boards that more or less match your hardware description.

As well, there are plenty of toolchains and libraries available which you might want to evaluate. Not like the situation with Microchip (''All from one hand !'', which often translates to ''All in one hand'').

Not sure what the target application is. But be aware that graphics are not a great strength of Cortex M MCUs. If you deal with large images, complex GUIs or video, a Cortex A (with GPU and OS support) might serve you better.