Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with ICS and Hall Sensors on FOC SDK 4.1

j239955_stm1
Associate II
Posted on March 29, 2016 at 11:00

Hi,

we are using FOC SDK 4.1 with ICS current sensing and State Observer + PLL. A Motor with 21 pole pairs and Rs 11mOhms and Ls 0,017mH runs up to 6000 rpm very well.

Now changing to Speed / Feedback with Hall Sensor for improved startup give some problems in current regulation. Startup works perfect, currents are near sinusoidal up to 1800 rpm (more perfect on observer + pll). On higher RPM the phase currents look like positon is not right calculated.

The amplitudes of the currents are very different and are not synchronous with the speed for a short time, then be synchronized hard with high current amplitude

Are there any known limitations with ICS and Hall sensors? Change in the current/hall filtering or engine setups brought no improvement

Any help will be great.

30.03.2016 Problems solved running smoothly

5 REPLIES 5
Gigi
Senior
Posted on April 01, 2016 at 14:38

Ciao

Reading your post my first idea was that probably the delay introduced by the FW from the HALL sensor signal generates some error in the measurement of the angle (since I think that the electrical frequency of the hall sensors shall be quite fast with 21 poles pairs), while I don't see any particular issues with the ICS.

Can you give us few details about how did you resolve the issues?

Thanks

Ciao

Gigi

j239955_stm1
Associate II
Posted on April 13, 2016 at 08:42

Hi Gigi,

We have solved the problem by starting with sensors and switch from a mechanical speed of 400 rev / min from Hall sensors to Observer + PLL. If speed is below 300 rev / min

working 

again

with

sensors

Great Firmware switching between aux sensor and hall is very easy and work perfekt.

Best regards

Dipl. Ing. Johann Spegele

Gigi
Senior
Posted on April 13, 2016 at 09:54

Ciao Johann

Nice to read this! Thanks

Ciao

Gigi

kovac
Associate II
Posted on March 12, 2017 at 22:57

Hello Gigi,

It's qiute an old post here, but I have a question regarding HALL sensor.

Is there realy some limitation of HALL speed sensor? I mean some maximum frequency? You mentioned some delay of FW - Are you talking about processing time in interupt? Or some other issue?

I'm also facing a very resemble problem. I have 4 poles motor. Up to ~2500rpm motor runs smoothly with HALL, but I'm not able to go above 3000rpm. Motor runs irregularly. The max speed is 8000rpm. With sensorless sensor there is no problem to reach this speed.

I will also try to solve this problem the same way as it is describet here. Anyhow, I would like to know if there is realy no chance to use HALL sensors for high speed.

Laurent Ca...
Lead II

The question has been moved from the "Motor Control Hardware" section to the "STM32 Motor Control" section (the question is about the STM32 MC SDK). 

Best regards