cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STMCubeMX HAL: User Code includes in generated code

Traud.Jason
Associate II
Posted on September 27, 2016 at 15:54

I'm using System Workbench for STM32 and working with an STM32F7 with the HAL libraries.

I'm working with a VCP and I'm looking at capturing the input buffer in the usbd_cdc_if.c and sending it to a parsing routine in another file. 

However, when I add my include statement in the usbd_cdc_if.c file the compiler throws an error saying that it cannot find the file or directory. 

Looking at the directory structure generated by Cube, the generated code is in the Src folder and the user code is under SW4STM32/Project/Application/User folder.

This looks like some incorrect setting in System Workbench regarding search paths that I need to set to be able to do this. Can anyone shed some insight on where to look?

3 REPLIES 3
slimen
Senior
Posted on September 27, 2016 at 16:56

Hi,

Make sure that the include paths configured properly into the project from the correct directories. 

For more help on this issue, please share your .ioc file and provide more details about the tools version you have used.

Regards

Traud.Jason
Associate II
Posted on September 27, 2016 at 19:22

The original post was too long to process during our migration. Please click on the provided URL to read the original post. https://st--c.eu10.content.force.com/sfc/dist/version/download/?oid=00Db0000000YtG6&ids=0680X000006I6jE&d=%2Fa%2F0X0000000bu4%2Fpl4_I7q7txtr5Z2lcpEmeEMGYDnjVMRHjq4oX5IT660&asPdf=false
slimen
Senior
Posted on September 28, 2016 at 12:34

Hello,

I suggest to you using the recently version of STM32CubeMx 4.16.1 which contains bug fixes and enhancement.

So, please try with this release, then let me know whether the problem here persists or not.

PS: I recommend to you using latest version of

http://www.st.com/content/st_com/en/products/embedded-software/mcus-embedded-software/stm32-embedded-software/stm32cube-embedded-software/stm32cubef7.html

firmware (STM32Cube_FW_F7_V1.4.0) There is always enhancement and bug fixes in the new release.

Regards