Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F0 Nucleo(F070RB) board bootloader

seed
Associate III
Posted on August 19, 2015 at 13:09

Hi,

I am trying to connect to the bootloader on nucleo -F070Rb board. I tried the Flash loader Demonstrator, but I get ''No response from the target...''. I tried to send the start comman byte (0x7F) using realterm with different boardrates and

parity Even set, but no response back. Is it somehting I am missing?

I have configured like this:

* Enabled BOOT0 (jumper on pin 5-7 of CN7)

* Verified that BOOT1 bit is set in option bytes using STM32 st-link utility

* Connected UASRT1, PA9(CN10-21pin) and PA10(CN10-33pin) and verified that it works with application example(UART_TwoBoards_ComIT)

* the board is powered using usb
4 REPLIES 4
Posted on August 19, 2015 at 18:55

So did you print ''Hello World'', or something, and view this on the PC attached terminal using the connectivity you described?

With BOOT0 high it should go into the System Loader, hopefully none of the other pins the loader might be looking for are transitioning?

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
seed
Associate III
Posted on August 19, 2015 at 23:08

Yes, I did a simple application test to echo back what I send from the terminal, so send and receive from terminal works. I am also flashing a led when I am in the application/firmware. When I set BOOT0 to high and reset, the led is not flashing anymore so I am probably in System Loader. Hmm it is strange. I am trying to read the documents if I am missing something, like a transmission that I am unaware of. Maybe I should test using the external power and skip usb.

My main goal is to verify that I can use the default boot loader to update firmware using RS485 protocol. That should work, right? Otherwise I will write my own boot loader.

Posted on August 19, 2015 at 23:12

RS232 yes, RS485 half-duplex probably not.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
seed
Associate III
Posted on August 20, 2015 at 10:59

I didn't manage to get acknowledge(0x79) from the system boot loader.

Since I must use RS485 half duplex and maybe adjust for custom needs I will start writing a custom boot loader instead, but I am interested if someone have experienced the same problem with this board or if it worked without any problems.