cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nucleo-F103RB PCB Revision

Posted on October 06, 2015 at 13:32

Hello all,

I'm using two Nucleo-F401RE boards which do some cross communication and timing monitoring. Initally I used boards with revision C-01 and HSI as clock source. This worked fine when doing individual clock-trimming for each board. For demonstration purposes I moved on to make pre-built binaries. Because of the trimming issue I changed to Nucleo-F401RE boards with revision C-03, utilizing the HSE clock provided by the ST-Link.

The reason for the board change - instead of some soldering - is because of the intended audience using (and buying) the Nucleos.

Now that I know that the Nucleo-F401RE is on that new revision, I am wondering if the other Nucleo boards (especially the Nucleo-F103RB) are available with that new revision, too (without having to buy a bunch of different Nucleos)?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Alex

#nucleo #revision #pcb
2 REPLIES 2
Posted on October 06, 2015 at 18:47

I'll look at what I have, but the rational answer is for you to determine if the HSE is ticking, and having the appropriate fail-thru on the SystemInit() side code so that it uses the HSI/PLL in situations where the HSE/PLL fail to start.

The solder bridges just require tack-soldering skills, and it's going to be almost impossible to determine what specific stock, or mix of stock, some supplier has. The alternative here is for you to buy you're own stock, modify as required, and sell on eBay or whatever.

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Posted on November 06, 2015 at 08:42

Hi clive1, thanks for your reply.

I see your point regarding HSE / HSI, it definitely makes sense.

The issue with the board revision has also been solved, so I'm able to get the new revision from my supplier.

Regards,

Alex