Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F4 corrupt memory/damaged MCU

azayetey
Associate II
Posted on August 30, 2015 at 16:53

Hello,

I've been working on a project on my STM32F4 Discovery for a few weeks now and it's been working fine. Today I connected a OV7670 camera and after uploading the code the discovery stopped working after a while for some reason. I removed all the wires that connect the camera but still it does not work.

I try to debug to see what is wrong but when I go into the SystemInit() function the debugger just hangs there and does not continue. The dissasembler just shows nothing after that. What is wrong? I tried a few times to erase the whole flash memory and reprogram but it did not help.

I'm using Coocox IDE and  STM32F407Discovery with stlink via usb
3 REPLIES 3
Posted on August 30, 2015 at 17:29

So do you actually STEP INTO SystemInit(), at what line of code explicitly does it stop? Is it waiting for a clock to start, a PLL to lock?

Do you have another board to see if it's board/chip specific?

Have you looked at the voltages on the board can checked if they are where they should be? ie VDD at 3.0V, VCAPs at 1.25V

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
dj_v14
Associate II
Posted on December 31, 2016 at 10:57

to_deletemr assioma

‌

Hi,

Around a year back you have faced this issue, and currently I am facing similar issue. Is it resolved? Can you please help me with the resolution?

Thanks,

Dhaval

Posted on December 31, 2016 at 17:26

Please try not to reopen old threads where the OP hasn't even bothered to respond to the advice provided.

If a part has been crashed by user code, strap BOOT0 high so it doesn't run and break the debugger interface. The system loader is in ROM/OTP it isn't something that is going to get randomly erased.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..