Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPV1040 Breakdown

perla
Associate
Posted on March 17, 2016 at 11:26

Dear all,

we are noticing breakdown of SPV1040 in our implementation on a board for energy harvesting from solar panel. The breakdown is only for some board. Here you can see the configuration.

0690X00000602gSQAQ.jpg

The solar panel is a couple of mono crystalline silicon

http://eshop.terms.eu/_data/s_3386/files/1379942540-sunpower_c60_bin_ghi.pdf

in series configuration. For better performance in low-light condition, we introduce a 100nF capacitor in parallel to CINsns_2.

When the circuit exhibit the breakdown, we can measure an input impedance on Pin 3 (Lx) very low, instead of about 6KOhm of a working unit. Can this help?

Thank you.

#spv1040
1 REPLY 1
glenn23
Associate
Posted on April 15, 2016 at 18:48

What is your intended output voltage?  I assume that you have already seen where the maximum is 4.8V without the external diode which is not present in your circuit.  I expect you would have issues if you attempted to go past 4.8V without that diode.  Whether or not they are permanent I can't say.

Where did you find the information to set the values of the resistors?  I have been trying to ask ST about this part.  On the phone they refused to answer any questions and only referred me to their online submission form.  However, that doesn't work.