cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32CubeMX and HAL Libraries Version (F1 for my case)

kopf
Associate II
Posted on September 02, 2015 at 04:35

Hello,

I just start using STM32CubeMX three days ago and the product is looking good! I'm playing with a Nucleo Board STM32F103RB and one thing that I noticed is that the HAL Library for F1 version downloaded by CubeMX is 1.1.0, where the STM site has the 1.2.0. 

Question: I tried to manually install 1.2.0 but it still downloads the 1.1.0. Is there any place on the ST site where I can download the old releases from HAL Libraries? I found only here: http://sourceforge.net/projects/micro-os-plus/files/Vendor%20Archives/STM32/

Suggestion for ST: IMO the examples from the HAL Libraries should use the STMCubeMX generated code as boiler plate instead of something else. The code looks similar but sometimes things are defined in different places.

Another thing: might be good to add the release date to the downloads for the users can check if it has been recently released or not.

ps.: Another thing is that the HAL 1.2.0 downloaded from the Website (http://www.st.com/web/en/catalog/tools/PF260820) doesn't contains the Nucleo Board Help File.

Thank you all!

#hal #cubemx #stm32cubemx
2 REPLIES 2
Posted on September 02, 2015 at 11:39

Hi musskopf,

1-Download STM32CubeMx version 4.10.0, after click right on it and click on ''run as administrator''. Click on Help->Install New Libraries->Firmware Package for family STM32F1 1.2.0. You do not need to install packages manually.

2-Release date is available under Release Notes of the package in the section ''Update History''

3-What do you mean by ''Nucleo Board Help File''?

-Shahrzad-

kopf
Associate II
Posted on September 03, 2015 at 00:50

Thanks Shahrzad,

The CubeMX 4.10 is now showing the latest F1 Hal Library.

For the Nucleo Board Help file I mean this file:

STM32Cube_FW_F1_V1.1.0\Drivers\BSP\STM32F1xx_Nucleo\STM32F1xx_Nucleo_BSP_User_Manual.chm

is not present on version 1.2.0: STM32Cube_FW_F1_V1.2.0\Drivers\BSP\STM32F1xx_Nucleo

Thanks for the quick reply btw!