Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UL Approval

KF Lam
Associate II
Posted on March 30, 2016 at 18:56

Hi All,

We have been using FOC sdk for developing our products for a few months. Our customers are in US and they need our product approved by UL. One of our US agents told me that

''UL has been working with the BLDC microcontroller manufacturers to review the codes they are developing for common controller functions. In other words, the microcontroller manufacturers are creating libraries of software for common BLDC functions. UL is reviewing and approving these software modules. This allows the end customer use these pre-approved codes in their software and shorten the approval process of BLDC motors through UL. This has become very useful for electronically-protected motors.''

We would like to know if ST is also working with UL to provide end users some kinds of pre-approved libraries. Actually this is very important for us as this can significantly reduce the UL approval time

#ul
3 REPLIES 3
Gigi
Senior
Posted on April 01, 2016 at 14:24

Ciao

Personally never worked with UL, maybe people in other division have been involved. What I know is that ST provide a certified routine for Class B compliance certified by VDE, but this cover only check routines that is related to the microcontroller and not the specific checks required by the application.

If you are interested I suggest to ask in the generic forum dedicated to the STM32 devices.

Ciao

Gigi

KF Lam
Associate II
Posted on April 05, 2016 at 12:31

Thx. I'll try to ask in the generic forum.

Laurent Ca...
Lead II

The question has been moved from the "Motor Control Hardware" section to the "STM32 Motor Control" section (the question is about the STM32 MC SDK). 

Best regards