cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AC6 STM32 workbench broken after update

estie
Associate II
Posted on January 08, 2017 at 12:47

I had previously set up the STM32 workbench under Eclipse and had it working nicely with some L6474 boards on a Nucleo.

I recently did an upgrade from the deprecated Fedora 23 I had been using to Fedora24. This included updating to Eclipse 'Neon' 4.6.1

I can still build the existing project code but if I try to run the debugger is fails to load gdb because it fails to find ncurses version 5 libs and I now have version 6.

No down grades are available to either eclipse nor ncurses.

What can I do to fix my development system?

Thanks.

#workbench #libncurses.so.5 #eclipse
2 REPLIES 2
Giangiacomo Zaffini
Associate II
Posted on January 08, 2017 at 16:22

All I know is that in the case of my Ubuntu 64 bit OS I had this installation problem and I solved doing like suggested in OpenSTM32 Community site.

I did as suggested 

http://www.openstm32.org/Installing+System+Workbench+for+STM32+from+Eclipse?structure=Documentation

sudo apt-get install lib32ncurses5

It worked for me. Can You give it a try?

Bye,

Giacomo

Posted on January 08, 2017 at 17:12

Thanks, as I stated, I already had the workbench installed and fully working , part of that did require installing the 32bit version of libncurses ( at that point version 5 ). As I also stated, the problem arose when I updated to Fed24 and v5 got replaced by v6 but there is not a downgrade path on that package.

I found that Fedora do provide arm-eabi-none-gdb as a separate package from the other cross-compiler tools and this solves this particular problem. I can then use Run > Debug settings > Debugger  to point to the distro's gdb and not the AC6 one.

There may also be an issue with the openOCD build but I'm still working on assessing that and the suitability of the Fedora version there also. Obviously, if I can avoid non managed software versions, that is preferable.

I still have some issues to iron out.