Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Evaluation board STM32L073VZ - DFU Update

klaus23
Associate
Posted on February 16, 2018 at 07:25

Hello, 

i am working with the STM32L073x on the evaluation board STM32L073VZ and the Nucleo-L073RZ and I want to figure out the functionality of the USB DFU Update via internal bootloader. 

As descibed in several application notes I already did the following steps:

• - I have generated a *.dfu file form a *.hex file
  • - The tool DfuSe Demo (v3.0.5) recognizes the controller as available DFU device ('STM32 Device in DFU Mode')
  • - The tool lists the Internal Flash (00), Option Bytes (01) and Data Memory (02)

After choosing the desired *.dfu file and pressing 'Upgrade'  The tool shows 'Erasing' for a very short time, followed by 'Target 00: Upgrade successful !'  (Operation Time only one second)

But there is no data transmission, the Transfererd Data size remains at 0KB. 

If I connect another eval boad ( STM32F4xx Disco) the procedure works fine. So the environment seems to be ok, there must be a dependecy to the STM32L073. 

Does anyone have a usefull advice?

Thanks 

4 REPLIES 4
feuerwolf
Senior
Posted on February 26, 2018 at 16:33

Same here with my custom boards and nucleo Boards

Posted on February 26, 2018 at 17:00

I'll link to the other thread here

https://community.st.com/0D50X00009XkdtVSAR

DAHMEN.IMEN

st.mcu

benahmed.mohamed

perhaps ST can open/provide the source for some of these utilities that seem to have been starved of resources with the focus on Cube/HAL and new/broader STM32 part offerings.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Posted on February 26, 2018 at 23:21

Dear Clive,

Our DfuSe utility is open and all sources code is provided since Years on the installed package using visual C++ Environment. So any one can customize it and modify . 

Here above the main issue is coming from not accurate String descriptor on the page mapping fin our internal boot loader and can be re-worked at software level, we recommend using our new STM32Programmer that implement it and I can send you a patch  for the old famous DFuSe .

Cheers,

STOne-32

Posted on February 27, 2018 at 00:21

The DfuSe 3.0.5 software hasn't been refreshed since 30-August-2015

Don't think it has support/updates for L4, L4+, F7 or H7

DFU Manager has 8-byte alignment issues on some parts due to the flash line size, and how the GNU Linker outputs generates images.

https://community.st.com/0D50X00009XkeovSAB

The All-In-One tools carries a lot of Java baggage

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..