cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to configure SPWF01SA21 (FW3.4) to communicate directly with a smartphone

stferrari
Associate
Posted on September 28, 2015 at 11:32

Goodmorning, 

We bought the STEVAL-IDW001V1 evaluation board and the STEVAL-PCC018V1 module to connect it to the pc; the STEVAL-IDW001V1 it's already updated to the last release FW 3.4.

We need to receive some data from a smartphone on a microcontroller connected to the wifi module, the SPWF01SA shall be the server and it shall create a local network to which 

any smartphone (IOS, Android, Windows) can connect.

The SPWF01SA should open a socket (UDP or TCP) on a port already defined and by our app the smartphone should send data to the module.

The SPWF01SA should in turn send this data (max 10 byte) to the microcontroller via UART. The smartphone should recognize the network, connect to it, open the tansmission and send data.

Is there a SPWF01SA configuration to do this? Is there also an example of instruction which will make thi configuration easier to me?

#spwf01sa21
2 REPLIES 2
Posted on September 28, 2015 at 16:36

Ciao Fabrizio,

1 - Configure SPWF as a miniAP (e.g., keep pushed SW2 on 

STEVAL-IDW001 

@ startup);

2 - The use your smartphone to join the miniAP network (called ''iwm_xx-xx-xx'');

3 - Use a browser to request the ''output_demo.html'' webpage from internal webserver

4 - Push data!

As an alternative, open a socket server on miniAP (AT+S.SOCKD) on port 80 (to use the browser on the smartphone) or another generic port (in this case, download an App for Android/iOS to open a socket client from the smartphone)

Hope to be clear

ciao

jerry

Nandy K
Associate II
Posted on October 05, 2015 at 08:40

Hai fabrizio,

I am now working on the same type of project what you posted here but i am using STM32F7 with SPWF01S . The process of communication is same,

1. sending data from mobile to SPWF01S

2.then from SPWF01S to microcontroller via UART

3. micontroller should reply back through UART.

Did u find the answer ?

If so can you give me some idea to approach?