cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bug on HAL_CAN_Transmit_IT on STM32F105 ?

Marco1
Associate II
Posted on February 16, 2016 at 19:59

The original post was too long to process during our migration. Please click on the attachment to read the original post.
4 REPLIES 4
Amel NASRI
ST Employee
Posted on February 18, 2016 at 16:21

Hi marco,

I would like to know which CubeMX version are you using?

With CubeMX 4.13, you shouldn't face the described issue.

This is because there was a bug in the function HAL_CAN_Transmit_IT when no mailbox is available and it was fixed in the STM32CubeF4 V1.11.0 package (the one used by MX 4.13).

-Mayla-

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Marco1
Associate II
Posted on February 18, 2016 at 17:03

I use Version 4.13.0 Firmware Package 1.3.1.

If you check the code, when you have Mailbox full, you will exit from function with ''Process Locked '' and function return HAL_OK. So you can't know if MailBox are full !

Regards

Amel NASRI
ST Employee
Posted on February 19, 2016 at 17:22

Sorry marco, I was confused; I assumed that you are using F4 device (although you precised F105 on the title).

Yes there is a missed unlock when no mailbox available. The fix is already available in last F4 Cube package but not yet for F1.

-Mayla-

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Posted on January 26, 2017 at 02:08

Yes. I also found this bug. Additional, although mailbox is empty, it always shows 'HAL_LOCKED'. 

So, we can check the LOCK status and return value after the function is called.

If HAL_LOCK and HAL_OK, it indicates that mailbox is full.

Regards