Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cubemx font on high res displays unusable

Garcia.Steve
Associate II
Posted on August 03, 2016 at 19:57

Hi,

Recently acquired a laptop with a 3240 x 2160 display running Windows 10.  Some of the dialog boxes and configuration tables are unusable because the fonts used do not fit within the space allocated for the text.  To replicate, select the Configuration tab, then the NVIC configuration dialog.

I have been unable to find a workaround within Windows.  Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Steve

#cubemx-screen-resolution-font
4 REPLIES 4
Posted on August 03, 2016 at 20:29

A lot of things are unusable on a 15'' 3240 x 2160 display, it works a lot better on 27''+ displays.

I think you just have to push for software that scales from netbook to retina properly. Will push to moderation.

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Garcia.Steve
Associate II
Posted on August 03, 2016 at 20:47

>

A lot of things are unusable on a 15'' 3240 x 2160 display, it works a lot better on 27''+ displays.

🙂  Have one on order.

The issue exists on a lower resolution 24'' external monitor.

It is likely a Windows issue rather than CubeMx, but if anyone has a workaround I'd love to hear it.  I won't always have an external monitor available and need to get by with the laptop screen.

Thanks Clive!

Steve

Posted on August 03, 2016 at 22:08

On the Lenovo YOGA3 it was possible to a) zoom or b) change the display resolution, to address the applications which handle this poorly.

Apple has been more aware of these issue, but most PC apps seem to assume 1388x768 type displays, or more lately 1920x1080. I suspect it depends on what displays they give the devs and managers. Always preferred high resolution screens myself..

Anyway I've pushed this into moderation so hopefully it can get on the action-item list.

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
dieter 123
Associate III
Posted on July 20, 2017 at 16:04

Hi

almost a year passed and this issue has not been solved? So I have 24 inch 3840x2160 monitor and CUBEMX  is displaying buttons and text in poor way.

If I read the windows recommendation correctly, the developers of CUBEMX have to fix this. Correct? Or is there a way to fix the issue in windows?

Thx