cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32 UART4 & UART5 On the STM3210E-EVAL Board- it doesn't work..why??

rkleine9
Associate II
Posted on November 23, 2008 at 16:06

STM32 UART4 & UART5 On the STM3210E-EVAL Board- it doesn't work..why??

3 REPLIES 3
rkleine9
Associate II
Posted on May 17, 2011 at 12:53

Hello,

I'm new to the STM32 series microcontroller. I Have an STM3210E-EVAL board and tried the UARTS. UART 1 and 2 are working fine, But I cannot use the # 3,4,and 5 yet.

I don't understand. All initialization seem to be correct, but nothing happens.... does anyone have an example using UART 4 or 5?

I disconnected the SD card, monitored pin PC10 (UART 4 .TX), initialized alternate function pus_pull for thies pin. Enabled the clock for the UART, Enabled the UART itself... But nothing yet.

And the first U(S)ARTS works fine both!

Thanks in advance

Remco

16-32micros
Associate III

Hi Remco,

Try first to initialize your USART/UART clocks and also the I/O ports connected to their TX and RX lines.

Cheers,

STOne-32.

st3
Associate II

Quote:

Try first to initialize your USART/UART clocks and also the I/O ports connected to their TX and RX lines.

I think there is a huge hole in both the STM32 documentation and the FWLib in this respect!

The section about the USARTs in the User Manual focusses purely on the USART functionality - I can't see anywhere that details clearly, completely, and explicitly what are all the other things that also have to be set up & configured in order to actually use the USARTs! :|

Namely:

• The peripheral function clocks

• The GPIO clocks

• The GPIO alternate functions</ul>

etc, etc...?