cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

M24SR corruption - Possible to restore to factory defaults?

stijn
Associate
Posted on October 15, 2015 at 19:04

Hello,

I'm working on a project for simplifying commissioning of networks using NFC.

For a very basic demo I'm using an Arduino communicating over I²C and an NFC enabled smartphone.

Simply put: I read the old value from the NDEF file, next I write the new one. After this is done, the GPO_pin has gone high. Off this flank the Arduino gets an interrupt that reads out the new value over NFC. Now this works for a while, but after a while, I only get empty NDEF messages back over I²C. After this the smartphone doesn't even recognize the tag as an NFC Forum Type 4 tag anymore.

I'm lost on what can cause this corruption? And is there a possible way to fix this?

Any way would be greatly appreciated.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JP Miller
Senior
Posted on October 26, 2015 at 16:09

Hello,

Indeed the tag has gotten in a non coherent state with respect to the NDEF file. I would recommend if possible in your application to rewrite the NDEF file, which would restore the proper state in the tag and make it usable again.

Best regards,

Have a good day.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
stijn
Associate
Posted on October 16, 2015 at 17:45

These are the replies I'm getting over I2C from the M24SR chip. Almost everything works as it should, except for reading the NDEF length and message. All the values are in HEX.

Select NFC T4 app

2 90 0 F1 9

Select CC file

3 90 0 2D 53

Read CC length

2 0 F 90 0 44 45

Read CC file

3 0 F 20 0 F6 0 F6 4 6 0 1 20 0 0 0 90 0 A9 F3

Select NDEF file

2 90 0 F1 9

Read NDEF length

3 FE FE 90 0 81 41

Read the NDEF message

2 6A 80

Deselect M24SR on the I2C-bus

C2 E0 B4

JP Miller
Senior
Posted on October 26, 2015 at 16:09

Hello,

Indeed the tag has gotten in a non coherent state with respect to the NDEF file. I would recommend if possible in your application to rewrite the NDEF file, which would restore the proper state in the tag and make it usable again.

Best regards,

Have a good day.