Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selcting the bootloader

shashidhara
Associate II
Posted on October 19, 2015 at 11:07

Hi,

I am using STM32F405RGT6 in my project. I want to know which boot loader it has? How to select boot loader? can anyone help me please..

thanks 
6 REPLIES 6
gada
Associate III
Posted on October 19, 2015 at 11:11

All STM32 have Bootloader flashed in them from factory. When you ground the BOOT0 pin, the MCU will go into programming mode.

Could you specify why/what you would like to do with the boot loader

shashidhara
Associate II
Posted on October 19, 2015 at 11:37

Hi Kashyap,

Thank you for the response.

My requirement is to boot from internal flash, from the attached document i am seeing 2 boot loaders like v3.0 and v9.0. I wanted to know how those boot loader get selected. Or is there something like I have to order a chip with the specified boot loader? Is there any format to select the chip with specific boot loader.

Attachments :

CD00167594.pdf : https://st--c.eu10.content.force.com/sfc/dist/version/download/?oid=00Db0000000YtG6&ids=0680X000006I0zf&d=%2Fa%2F0X0000000bgh%2F3ofcQngkWdpc.ox4qHKzbX7ybOdfxEDuMXyv7jSpzsU&asPdf=false
Posted on October 19, 2015 at 14:25

Please don't attach documents when a link will suffice.

You'll get whatever System Loader is ROM'd on the device at the date of manufacture, you don't get to pick which one. Pulling BOOT0 high is usually sufficient to get into the loader. When the loader is running you can query what version your are talking too.

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
shashidhara
Associate II
Posted on October 19, 2015 at 15:08

Hi clive,

Thank u for the response,

The problem is now i am designing the circuit. I am planning to have SPI flashing. So v3.0 have support for few interface (USART, CAN, USB) and v9.0 bootloader supports USART, CAN, USB, SPI, I2C. Now how I will come to know whatever chip i am going to purchase will have v9.0 bootloader. Please clear my doubt if i am wrong.

Posted on October 19, 2015 at 16:51

I would expect that the version of the loader could be tracked against production date.

When ordering make sure to specify a specific starting production date that is acceptable, and make sure that's what you receive at incoming inspection.

Something you might want to discuss with your local ST sales organization, or distributor. This is primarily a user forum.

You can also code your own loader, so you're not beholden to others, and provide sufficient test points on your own board to program/check any device you get.

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
shashidhara
Associate II
Posted on October 20, 2015 at 06:21

Hi clive,

Thank you for the information.