cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ST-link V2 fail to flash to STM32F746 after sometime

son1
Associate II
Posted on January 23, 2016 at 13:04

I am using ST-Link V2 to flash to STM32F747, It was successful. However, after sometimes change the code IAR pop-up below warnings:

Warning: Write failed (CPU data abort) at Memory address 0x2001EF98 

Warning: Write failed (CPU data abort) at Memory address 0x2001EF84 

Failed to set breakpoint at 0x200000C4 (out of breakpoints?) 

After that I could not flash the MCU anymore.

Do you know how to troubleshoot this issue?

Thank You!
4 REPLIES 4
Posted on January 23, 2016 at 19:04

Do you know how to troubleshoot this issue?

Hard to say, not really overwhelmed with detail here.

What exactly did you change in the code between the time it was functioning normally, and the time it started misbehaving?

Is this a board you designed yourself, or something else? The clocks and power supplies would be a good place to start.

If this is an external ST-LINK, make sure you have current firmware, and try accessing the device with the ST-LINK Utilities.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
son1
Associate II
Posted on February 22, 2016 at 11:02

I changed a lot in code and could not trace which part has the issue. I have coded again from the point sw working.I used another board and flash with another code, then it works. The board is designed by myself.

It seems the MCU is dead but I still don't know it is caused by SW or HW.

I stored the hex file when MCU died. But I am scare to test.

The MCU is STM32F746IGT6

Attachments :

STM32746IG_Mic_Array.hex : https://st--c.eu10.content.force.com/sfc/dist/version/download/?oid=00Db0000000YtG6&ids=0680X000006I0x5&d=%2Fa%2F0X0000000bg6%2FliNitW9rxTzGk2vSXZwmV0XQy8NfXGAIskM_x04PCUE&asPdf=false
Posted on February 22, 2016 at 21:51

I know nothing about your board, so the .HEX file really isn't going to help me much.

You should perhaps put your problem chip into the System Loader (BOOTx pins), and see if you can communicate with that via a USART, or if you can get it to come up in DFU mode via the USB connection if your board has one.

Your should be able erase the chip with the ST-LINK Utilities while it executes the System Loader rather than your code.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
TDK
Guru
Posted on February 23, 2016 at 06:34

The last error message suggests you have too many breakpoints set.  You're limited to a certain number by hardware.  If you try to debug a session, it'll fail.  It should still flash though, at least it does with Eclipse.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".