cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bug Report: CUBEMX 4.18.0 no trigger selection on ADC

frackers
Senior
Posted on January 12, 2017 at 01:57

Upgrading from 4.17 to 4.18 has silently removed the selection of external triggers from ADC2 on an F303RE. Not only are the selections missing from the generated code, the option in the UI is missing as well.

Manually patching the generated 'main.c' file fixes the problem but it means that each time I regenerate the code I have to remember to hack it.

I would also question the operation of the EOCSelection field as the UI allows 'ADC_EOC_SINGLE_SEQ_CONV' to be chosen but the HAL code itself says '/*!< reserved for future use */'

#cubemx #adc
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jeanne Joly
Senior III
Posted on February 09, 2017 at 17:09

Hello

Gilks.Robin

The issue you highlighted willl be fixed in the next release (CubeMX4.20).

BR. Eric

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Imen.D
ST Employee
Posted on January 13, 2017 at 15:14

Hello

Gilks.Robin

Your issue is reported internally to our CubeMx team for checking & come back to you.

Thank you for your feedback.

Regards

ImenD

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen
Jeanne Joly
Senior III
Posted on January 17, 2017 at 09:51

Hello

Gilks.Robin

Thanks for your post.

Regarding your first point towards the external triggers, you are right, this issue will be normally delivered in the next CubeMX release. It was a mistake.

For your second point regarding

ADC_EOC_SINGLE_SEQ_CONV, it is a feature possible on HW side but, since a couple of years, we did not findany use case in SW in the HAL driver. We use eitherADC_EOC_SINGLE_CONV orADC_EOC_SEQ_CONV. With your post, as this variable is not use, we decided to delete this variable. It will be as well available in the nextCubeMX release.

BR. Eric

Jeanne Joly
Senior III
Posted on February 09, 2017 at 17:09

Hello

Gilks.Robin

The issue you highlighted willl be fixed in the next release (CubeMX4.20).

BR. Eric