Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

View Trace with Eclipse

merelda
Associate
Posted on October 29, 2015 at 10:28

Hi,

I'm new to STM32 and I got a STM32F7 Discovery Board. I'm playing around with the USB Host MSC Standalone Application example provided in the STM32Cube_FW_F7 package. In the Application, there are things like:

USBH_UsrLog(''Starting MSC Demo'');
 LCD_UsrLog(''USB Host library started.\n''); 

defined as:

#if (USBH_DEBUG_LEVEL > 0)
#define USBH_UsrLog(...) printf(__VA_ARGS__);\
printf(''\n'');
 #define LCD_UsrLog(...) LCD_LineColor = LCD_LOG_TEXT_COLOR;\
 printf(__VA_ARGS__);\ 

But I'm not sure where to view the logs. Are they re-directed to the LCD or somewhere else? Because I can't see the logs on the LCD, but I can see the header and footer (specified as LCD_LOG_SetHeader((uint8_t *)'' USB OTG HS MSC Host'');) I'm using Eclipse + GCC + OpenOCD.

I have added the LCD_Log.h file and in the lcd_log_conf.h has the following definition:

/* Redirect the printf to the LCD */
#ifdef __GNUC__
/* With GCC/RAISONANCE, small printf (option LD Linker->Libraries->Small printf
set to 'Yes') calls __io_putchar() */
#define LCD_LOG_PUTCHAR int __io_putchar(int ch)

But I'm not sure where to view the logs. Are they re-directed to the LCD or somewhere else? Because I can't see the logs on the LCD, but I can see the header and footer (specified as LCD_LOG_SetHeader((uint8_t *)'' USB OTG HS MSC Host'');) I'm using Eclipse + GCC + OpenOCD. For the project, I plan to have a log file stored in the SD Card but I also want to read the content of the file from the PC by plugging the discovery board in with a USB cable. Is the ''USB Host MSC Standalone HS '' the right example application to be working with? Thanks in advance! #stm32f7 #eclipse #usbhost
0 REPLIES 0