Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BlueNRG-MS GATT write

ivan2399
Associate
Posted on October 29, 2015 at 13:26

Hi all,

I have a BlueNRG-MS-based GATT server with several characteristics, and I'm able to read and write these characteristics from Android. Now I need to implement a GATT client using BlueNRG-MS to access the GATT server on another device. I'm able to connect to the server using aci_gap_create_connection(), but I can't do neither aci_gatt_disc_charac_by_uuid() nor aci_gatt_disc_all_charac_descriptors() nor aci_gatt_write_charac_value() after the connection is established. The return status of any of these functions is OK, but no relevant events are received neither on the client nor on the server side. The only event I get after some time is the EVT_DISCONN_COMPLETE with reason = 8 (timeout).

Actually I don't quite understand the parameters min_conn_lengthmax_conn_lengthconn_min_intervalconn_max_interval and conn_latency of the aci_gap_create_connection() function. I tried to adjust that, but with no luck.

Can anybody help me with this problem?

#gatt-bluenrg-ms
2 REPLIES 2
Posted on November 10, 2015 at 14:14

Dear Customer,

you can try to use the lates DK GUI. This tool helps you to connect two or more BlueNRG, define on a device Service and characteristics, discovery service and characteristics defined on another device and so on. For understand how to use the GUI, you can read the user manual

http://www.st.com/st-web-ui/static/active/en/resource/technical/document/user_manual/DM00167057.pdf

In add, you can read also the document:

http://www.st.com/st-web-ui/static/active/en/resource/technical/document/programming_manual/DM00141271.pdf

Regards,

GM

NHend.7
Associate II

Hi

I using BlueNRG-MS, with GUI. I am getting a error on the Add Service with the handle. I am using Stm32F401 with IDB05A01 extension board.

I created project with CubeMX and BlueNRG middleware.

The APIs vary on aci_gatt_read_update.

General Access has only the handle. I can load my Services with the gui only the general access is created....

Could this be due to the Bug in my GUI or ​a bad bin file?

The only thing I cant load using the GUI is the Service as I am getting errors when adding my custom service.

Your response will be appreciated!

BR​