Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F779xx startup issue with HardFault Exception

netstv
Associate II
Posted on May 31, 2017 at 03:52

Hello.

I seem to have a hardfault exception problem and it doesn't make sense to me.

I am using ThreadX and it has to do with how long it takes to startup.

So here is my startup code:

/* Enable I-Cache-------------------------------------------------------------*/

SCB_InvalidateICache();

SCB_DisableICache();

SCB_EnableICache();

/* Enable D-Cache-------------------------------------------------------------*/

SCB_InvalidateDCache();

SCB_DisableDCache();

// SCB_EnableDCache();

// enable Usage-, Bus-, and MMU Fault

SCB->SHCSR |= SCB_SHCSR_USGFAULTENA_Msk | SCB_SHCSR_BUSFAULTENA_Msk | SCB_SHCSR_MEMFAULTENA_Msk;

platform_init_system_clocks();

platform_init_mcu_infrastructure();

my_wiced_init(); // setup wiced uart callbacks, MUST be before platform_init_external_devices()

platform_init_external_devices(); // inits gpio and serial

/* Initialize all configured peripherals */

LocoGPIOInit();

MX_QUADSPI_Init();

nvram_init();

/* Enter the ThreadX kernel */

tx_kernel_enter(); // next routine will be WicedAppThreadMain()

while (1)

{

}

This code has been working great until I added more code in the 

platform_init_mcu_infrastructure().  I spend a little more time in there doing some setup for a power saving feature that I'm implementing.

I think one of the timers is firing off (there is a HAL_InitTick(TICK_INT_PRIORITY))

stm32f7xx_hal_conf.h has TICK_INT_PRIORITY defined as ((uint32_t) 0U)

The error I'm getting is a SCB->CFSR & SCB_CFSR_UNALIGNED  is set.  Now I'm not sure why that bit is set because if I step through the assembly I see that there is a bad reference in the tx_timer_experation_process.  Which makes sense because it hasn't been setup yet.

However, this just may be a red herring.  

I have seen lots of posts about unaligned data and the like but I really think it is the timer.  I just don't know how to find out exactly.  

Any pointers?

Thanks in advance.

-stv

#hardfault #stm32f77x #threadx
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
netstv
Associate II
Posted on June 26, 2017 at 19:49

This problem was solved.  The issue was that there was a timer that my client started up early on in main.c that 'acted' as a systick.

Then when the RTOS (ThreadX) started the SysTick handler, it did that before the OS was ready and it would crash the second that SysTick would fire off.

I fixed it by putting a global in the SysTick IRQ Handler that would get cleared after the RTOS was ready.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
netstv
Associate II
Posted on June 26, 2017 at 19:49

This problem was solved.  The issue was that there was a timer that my client started up early on in main.c that 'acted' as a systick.

Then when the RTOS (ThreadX) started the SysTick handler, it did that before the OS was ready and it would crash the second that SysTick would fire off.

I fixed it by putting a global in the SysTick IRQ Handler that would get cleared after the RTOS was ready.