cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Patch_CubeFW_L4 Missing Files?

jeremy23
Associate II
Posted on November 17, 2015 at 23:53

I was trying to run the demo code in both IAR and Keil and got the same issue from both of them.  It appears there are three directories that are empty:

..\STMicroelectronics\Documentation

..\STMicroelectronics\Middlewares

..\STMicroelectronics\Utilities

Now, it's possible these files were supposed to be installed by running another install file that I missed but, if it supposed to be installed with this file, it does appear to be missing these directories but, unfortunately, without these files, I can't compile the project file.  The online link I got this from is:

http://www.st.com/web/en/catalog/tools/PF262855#

If I missed something (and it's very possible I am), please let me know.  Thanks!
4 REPLIES 4
jeremy23
Associate II
Posted on November 18, 2015 at 01:40

It appears it's missing a drivers folder as well as I'm trying to find a discovery_glass_lcd file for another project and can't find it.  It's possible there are more files missing than just these ones though.  Thanks!

Nesrine M_O
Lead II
Posted on November 18, 2015 at 16:06

Hi J B,

In fact you have to update the current STM32CubeL4 V1.1.0 with the Patch V1.1.1 to set PREFETCH_ENABLE to 0 in all projects.

So you have first to download the whole package, then apply the patch.

-Syrine-

jeremy23
Associate II
Posted on November 18, 2015 at 16:52

Well, that's the odd thing is I think I do have that installed already as I've been using STM32CubeMX for a while now and it wasn't until I tried to to the demo that I had that issue. Maybe I am wrong and somehow managed to miss the file already.

I'm currently in the program and it shows ''Firmware Package for Family STM32L4 (Size: 171 MB) V1.0.0 but right above it, it shows the same description already checked off (I'll attach a screenshot). Maybe this is triggered by exactly what you're describing though (and you'd know better than I would).

I'm currently downloading the 171 MB file directly from the program though. I'll patch it again once it's installed.

I'll let you know if this seems to fix it.

Here's a question for you though, is it possible to have downloaded STM32cube and have it be fully functional by only running the patch? If so, that's probably what happened. If not, then it appears I somehow had it install it without actually installing some of these other files.

Attachments :

STM_Screenshot.jpg : https://st--c.eu10.content.force.com/sfc/dist/version/download/?oid=00Db0000000YtG6&ids=0680X000006Hzuf&d=%2Fa%2F0X0000000bR9%2F2H2ooKPSYyznZTWWf7tB4xjNZK1pddYmBdsWBtVb9Lc&asPdf=false
jeremy23
Associate II
Posted on November 18, 2015 at 18:05

Well, downloading it via the program didn't appear to work either.  I did open up the patch zip file and it definitely showed the documentation folder (as well as a few other folders) to be populated but it wasn't in my root directory.  I extracted the file again, still nothing.  The issue I was seeing seems to be related to 7zip not actually extracting it correctly for whatever reason (could be a system/IT/antivirus issue) but I was able to get it to actually patch correctly using winrar (yay 2001 technology . . .).  

Anyway, it seems to be actually finding the files it's looking for, so that's good.  Thanks for your help!