Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use HAL LIB

anuj
Associate II
Posted on May 28, 2016 at 15:25

Hi

I am new to HAL library. There are very few examples related to HAL library, but there is wide code and support for previous Non-HAL lib. Can anyone tell me any source to learn or tutorials with HAL library? I am working on STM32F4 Discovery.

Anuj
4 REPLIES 4
Posted on May 28, 2016 at 17:23

If you dig into the Cube directories there is an extensive collection of examples for different peripherals and boards.

..but there is wide code and support for previous Non-HAL lib.

Makes you wonder why..

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
slimen
Senior
Posted on May 30, 2016 at 11:34

Hi mattoo.anuj,

This manual 

http://www.st.com/content/ccc/resource/technical/document/user_manual/2f/71/ba/b8/75/54/47/cf/DM00105879.pdf/files/DM00105879.pdf/jcr:content/translations/en.DM00105879.pdf

provides a description of STM32F4xx HAL drivers.

Regards

anuj
Associate II
Posted on June 04, 2016 at 22:55

Thanks for your reply. SPL Library has many demo codes, projects on Github, various interface code with devices whereas HAL Library has good collection of Examples for every peripheral, but they are somewhat complex to understand for beginner. For simple transmission of data to UART is very complex in examples, whereas, only few lines of codes can achieve the interfacing with UART in HAL(Got some help from youtube videos on CubeMX).

For Just interfacing RTC IC to STM32F4 using HAL seems very complex for newcomers.

I need some help in getting used to this library. Any Proper examples or Any documentation?

Please help

Posted: Saturday, May 28, 2016 5:23 PM

Subject: How to use HAL LIB

If you dig into the Cube directories there is an extensive collection of examples for different peripherals and boards.

..but there is wide code and support for previous Non-HAL lib.

Makes you wonder why..

Posted on June 05, 2016 at 01:51

Please help

I'm probably not the guy to do that, I'd advocate for using a library that suits your needs

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..