cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F4 USB SERIAL

anuj
Associate II
Posted on May 16, 2017 at 13:08

Working on STM32F4 Discovery and using CubeMx to generate basic structure for the program.

I am connecting FT232 based USB TTL Module to the USB OTG port of Discovery using Micro USB to Female OTG Cable.

I am using CDC example VCP, When I connect to PC with Discovery, it behaves as VCP and I can see it in device manager, But I want to behave it as normal USB and connect external Serial module.

Is it Possible?

#stm32-usb-usb-otg #stm32
4 REPLIES 4
Posted on May 16, 2017 at 18:37

>>

Is it Possible?

Not without a lot of software/knowledge on your part to effect the connectivity between the two USB ports. 

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Posted on May 21, 2017 at 16:07

Sorry I am unable to understand. What exactly you are saying? Instead of answering my question, you are giving vague answers. I didn't expect this from you Clive. We come to this community to seek some knowledge and for getting answer to our question. Kindly provide proper answer to the question.

Posted on May 21, 2017 at 17:15

you would need to learn how to use the mpsee on the ft232 first then port that code over to your project

Posted on May 21, 2017 at 17:49

>>

I didn't expect this from you Clive

If you expect me to perform your job function, or carry you up your own learning curve, then you're going to leave disappointed.

If correctly interpreted, my answer is to go figure out how the USB protocol actually works, and why there is a disconnect between what you seem to want to happen, and the mechanics of making it happen.

What you want to do is complicated, while I think it is possible, it doesn't mean that I want to spend hours of my time demonstrating/explaining that.

What does 'Normal USB' mean? You want the STM32 to act as a HUB?

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..