Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32 NUCLEO extension board with Ardunio Uno

venky999
Associate II
Posted on November 10, 2015 at 21:05

Hi ,

I am trying to develope Ble HID keyboard using Ardunio Uno and STM32 X-NUCLEO-IDB05A1 extension board.

I am very new to this... I have gone through the STM32 quick guide.

I could not understand whether I need to program Arduino Uno or STM32 X-NUCLEO-IDB05A1.

Can anyone help on this.

Please guide me some if there any example programs for HID keybaord.

Kind Regards,

Ven

#stm32-nucleo
3 REPLIES 3
Amel NASRI
ST Employee
Posted on November 19, 2015 at 14:11

Hi d.ven,

You didn't said which Nucleo board are you using. If it is the STM32L053R8-Nucleo, I suggest you use the HID example available in STM32CubeL0 package under STM32Cube_FW_L0_V1.3.0\Projects\STM32L053R8-Nucleo\Applications\USB_Device\HID_Standalone.

-Mayla-

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Posted on November 19, 2015 at 14:45

Ok, he didn't say he was using a Nucleo board, he's using the extension board as a SHIELD and attaching it to an Arduino Uno board, which states it is compatible with.

http://www.st.com/web/catalog/tools/FM146/CL2167/SC2006/PF262191

He's going to have to write his own software on the Arduino Uno to utilize the board. So he's either going to have to download and understand the documentation, and write his own, or find someone in the Arduino Community to do that for him.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
venky999
Associate II
Posted on December 08, 2015 at 23:37

Hi Clive, Mayla,

Thank you for the response.

Clivel you were right. I was trying to use 

X-NUCLEO-IDB05A1

with Ardunio Uno R3.

But looks like, If I understood correctly  

X-NUCLEO-IDB05A1

doesn't support

Ardunio Uno R3 

as 

the document says it supports the 

Ardunio Uno R3 connectors(I think not the processor). There is a power supply difference. Needs clarification from Mayla on this.

So now I got 

STM32L053R8-Nucleo

board and 

X-NUCLEO-IDB05A1

I want create HID Bluetooth Keyboard application that can send ASCII chars to iphone notepad.

Please suggest me where to start and point me the examples and documentation.

I will have a look at HID_Standalone example( is there any documentation for this example?)