cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error connect to stm32f4 ''Can not read memory. Disable read out protection and retry''

nguyenngocsang1411
Associate II
Posted on November 11, 2015 at 17:02

Hi everone, i have some problem with stm32f4 discovery. i use  STLink-utility , when i  try to connect to target, it always show ''Can not read memory. Disable read out protection and retry''. i was search in internet and it say that i should go to target->option byte -> read out protection level 0 , i was try and ST-Link Utility ''Could not set option byte, please reset the target and retry''.??? it mean pust reset button on stm32f4??? i did it but nothing, it still ''Can not read memory. Disable read out protection and retry''. Please help me 

4 REPLIES 4
Posted on November 11, 2015 at 17:31

Can you access/erase the device if you jumper BOOT and VDD pins together?

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
nguyenngocsang1411
Associate II
Posted on November 11, 2015 at 17:45

Yes i did it, jumper BOOT0 to VDD and try to program, eraser, eraser sector, but it still say ''Read out protection is activated'' how can i disable it and program normal. But just one thing, when i program, it say that ''Read out protection is activated. Do you want to disable chip and program the chip'', i chose OK and it say ''Could not disable read out protection''

Posted on November 11, 2015 at 18:35

Did this board ever work correctly? What did you do prior to it failing, exactly?

Try a different cable.

Try a different PC.

Make sure you have current drivers and firmware.

Describe your system in more detail.

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
nguyenngocsang1411
Associate II
Posted on November 12, 2015 at 13:07

maybe i think it was died, before that i use 3.7v battery (battery for mobile) for 3v pin in stm32f4 ,i think stm32f4 have regular circuit on board so i do that.