cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cubemx USB on STM32F3Discovery

Geoffrey1
Associate III
Posted on May 21, 2016 at 22:39

I'm having some difficulty getting the default HID or VCOM projects to run properly.  I've set the HSI input and let the clock configuration do its thing.   The projects compile fine, but when I try to run them on a Mac (OS X 10.10.5), they fail to enumerate -- here's the system log message :

------

The IOUSBFamily is having trouble enumerating a USB device that has been plugged in.  It will keep retrying.  (Port 4 of Hub at 0xfa100000)

May 21 16:30:40 hickcox kernel[0]: USBF:    2008717.402    The IOUSBFamily gave up enumerating a USB device after 10 retries.  (Port 4 of Hub at 0xfa100000)

------------

With all this autogenerated code, it's hard to know where to start.   I've had Chibio vcom projects on the F3 discovery board working just fine with my Mac.   

Prime suspects are :   clock configuration 

:    something more than the default project needed to run out of the box

:  USB firmware incompatible with OS X

I'm leaning toward the first two, but open to suggestions.

Geoffrey
2 REPLIES 2
Geoffrey1
Associate III
Posted on May 23, 2016 at 15:41

An slight update -- the HID project does seem to work. At least I can open the device with the the test program generated from hidapi.    However, the vcom device is still causing the issues below.

Geoffrey1
Associate III
Posted on May 23, 2016 at 16:07

More progress -- the default vcom project doesn't wait for connection -- you need to follow the approach described here:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/33549084/stm32cubemx-usb-cdc-vcp

in order to properly wait for connect.