cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pin configuration in cubemx broken ?

Geoffrey1
Associate III
Posted on June 25, 2016 at 00:20

I'm using 4.14 (although I had the same behavior with the most recent build on a different machine) under OS X

When configuring the USB devices on an stm32f303VEx,  the pins are not correctly configured -- indeed there is no configuration for these pins generated.  Furthermore, the only thing I seem to be able configure through the user interface is the user label.  

This is true within the pin configuration window as described in the user manual.  For example, under the USB device configuration, selecting the pins only allows the user label to be changed.

This is both unexpected and annoying behavior -- is there some mechanism I am missing ?
7 REPLIES 7
Nesrine M_O
Lead II
Posted on June 26, 2016 at 10:30

Hi brown.geoffrey.001,

Please upgrade to latest CubeMX 4.15.1 release, then tell us if your issue persists.

Syrine-

Geoffrey1
Associate III
Posted on June 27, 2016 at 14:20

Unfortunately, the issue is there with 14.15.1 too.  In addition none of the generated include files or code mention the USB pins at all.

Nesrine M_O
Lead II
Posted on June 27, 2016 at 16:03

Hi brown.geoffrey.001,

What do you mean by “the pins are not correctly configured -- indeed there is no configuration for these pins generated�?

Could you please provide more explanation on your case, so that it will be easier to understand the issue?

-Syrine-

Geoffrey1
Associate III
Posted on June 27, 2016 at 18:43

I mean that the generated code totally ignores the pins.  There's no initialization code generated in 

Src/usbd_conf.c

Posted: Monday, June 27, 2016 4:03 PM

Subject: Pin configuration in cubemx broken ?

Hi brown.geoffrey.001,

What do you mean by “the pins are not correctly configured -- indeed there is no configuration for these pins generated�?

Could you please provide more explanation on your case, so that it will be easier to understand the issue?

-Syrine-

Nesrine M_O
Lead II
Posted on June 28, 2016 at 12:33

Hi brown.geoffrey.001,

could you please share your .ioc file for check?

-Syrine-

Geoffrey1
Associate III
Nesrine M_O
Lead II
Posted on June 29, 2016 at 10:44

Hi brown.geoffrey.001,

I'll report this issue to our MX team for checking. Sorry for the inconvenience it may bring.

-Syrine-