Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stm32l151cbu6 Dual SPI configuration

rayaan
Associate II
Posted on November 23, 2015 at 07:32

Good Day,

I am current working on a project that is based on the stm32l151cbu6 chip, the chip is part of a LoRa module from the guys at IMST, I am having trouble configuring the SPI2 port. and just wanted to know if it is possible to use both spi1 and spi2 interfaces simultaneously, since the radio module is connected via the spi1 bus, is there any special way to configure both ports? 

all help will be highly appreciated.

#stm32l151cbu6-dual-spi-config
3 REPLIES 3
rayaan
Associate II
Posted on November 23, 2015 at 16:51

Amel NASRI
ST Employee
Posted on November 23, 2015 at 16:52

Hi latief.rayaan,

Unless it is already specified in the errata sheet of STM32L151, there should be no limitation to use peripherals available in the product.

In this particular case: there is no constraint to use both SPI1 and SPI2.

What are you facing as issue exactly? Is SPI1/SPI2 working as expected on standalone?

-Mayla-

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

rayaan
Associate II
Posted on November 24, 2015 at 07:10

Hi Mayla,

the spi1 port is connected to the semtech lora radio module and that is working one hundred percent , however since the libraries that is being used is custom libraries that were supplied with the same Lora code from the IBM and Semtech, I just followed their code structure and peripheral setup. I wish to interface the spi2 port with the cs5480 energy measuring ic, but when I connected the connect pulse to an oscilloscope there simply no output from the pin and I am just so baffled by it