Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USART_Printf project using std periph lib and STM32F401RE board

ckim
Associate II
Posted on December 03, 2015 at 09:53

Hi all,

trying to use STM32F401RE board, uart printf, I tried using HAL driver, can see uart signals from the MCU but couldn't see it on my PC teraterm window. I think I'm missing something in uVision setting. Hope to figure out the problem soon.

Now I'm trying the same with std periph library and found there's a project template and example project USART_Printf in STM32F4xx_DSP_StdPeriph_Lib_V1.6.0. So I copied the template first and overwrote the source files from USART_Printf project. I fixed the include path, target device. (original was for some other STM32F4xx chips)

When I press build all, I see some red marks on some .s files like below.

0690X00000602aeQAA.jpg

I'm sure the file paths are correct and I cannot find any error mark displayed when I open those files. what could be the problems?

Another one is, when building, I see this error :

..\main.h(46): error:  #35: #error directive: ''Please select first the Evaluation board used in your application (in Project Options)''

But when I see main.h, 

#if defined (USE_STM324xG_EVAL)

#include ''stm324xg_eval.h''

#elif defined (USE_STM324x7I_EVAL) 

#include ''stm324x7i_eval.h''

#elif defined (USE_STM324x9I_EVAL) 

#include ''stm324x9i_eval.h''

#else

#error ''Please select first the Evaluation board used in your application (in Project Options)''

#endifI don't have a file for my STM32F401RE board such as stm324xe_eval.h. What can I do? I'm a novice in STM32 and just want to test printf without going deep into the codes..

Thanks!

Chan
1 REPLY 1
Posted on December 03, 2015 at 14:12

It's a Keil ''multi project'' you have selected the F401 target, so ALL the other startup files that could have been used for other parts are not used in this specific build, and have a ''Red No Entry'' sign on them. That's more of a Keil issue, than an STM32 one, and you could remove them by managing the project options.

As you don't have an EVAL board, include file or define to go with it, I'd suggest you remove those dependencies from the main.h and the project.

I've generally used the 401C-DISCO firmware examples as a starting point for the NUCLEO

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..