cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A possibility for monitoring/connecting two ST-Links at the same time to STM-Studio

sina_sw
Associate
Posted on March 24, 2016 at 10:09

I like to work with STM-Studio and it is a way much better than ordinary debugging/monitoring variables.

But I still could not manage to connect two instances STM-Studio application to two different ST-Links since  the STM-Studio does not recognize more than one ST-Link regard less of how many instances of STM-Studio is running.

It would be very great, if an single instance (or even two instances) of stm-studio could connect to two or different ST-Link devices at the same time monitoring multiple coupled MCU variables in realtime.

Is there any plan to implement that feature in STM-Studio.

Even I would like to know if I could use other debugging interfaces such as J-Link,... to connect to STM-Studio then STM-Studio would be a very amazing product.

Thnx

#dfuse #stm-studio #st-link #dfu
1 REPLY 1
S C
ST Employee
Posted on March 24, 2016 at 13:01

Hello,

this use case is interresting, we take note for future enhancements, thank you. The possibility to select a ST-Link among several connected can be considered. This would then allow to have several STMStudio instances simultaneously running, each one connected to a different ST-Link.

Having a single STMStudio instance connected to several ST-Links will have a much greater impact in term of architecture of the tool (the notion of probe to be associated with variable and/or viewer), despite I understand it might be better for data synchronization between probes.

It is not currently planned to support other type of probes than the ones already supported yet.