cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can Usart of STM32F4X connectes the Smartcard Pin without the ST8024 ?

guanxg
Associate
Posted on December 01, 2015 at 10:50

We want to migrates our platform from STR710 to Stm32F4x ,Can Usart of STM32F4X(Smartcard mode ) connectes the Smartcard Pin without the ST8024 ? 

#smartcard
5 REPLIES 5
Armani.Pejman
Associate II
Posted on December 01, 2015 at 14:36

I have the exact same question. 

I am using the SmartCard example project that cames with STMCubeF4 for STM324xG_EVAL, however I ported the codes for STM32F429 Discovery.

I think it's working partially ok, but I am getting different ATR than I get with a standard PC USB Smart Card reader, So I was wondering if the ST8024 is necessary.

I would appreciate anyone who can light me (us) up.

guanxg
Associate
Posted on December 01, 2015 at 15:59

do you tested the all feature of ISO7816 or Local standard of IC center? i think the EVAL board added the ST8024, i appreciates 

who can explain why ?  @ST AE or FAE

Posted on December 01, 2015 at 19:15

Not sure there is a lot of SmartCard expertise here.

I think your best course of action would be to call your local ST FAE, as they don't participate here, being a primarily user forum.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Armani.Pejman
Associate II
Posted on December 02, 2015 at 17:30

I don't know what you mean, I just runned the STMCube example (ported for stm32f49), connecting an smart card (which I'm sure it works) and by connecting, I mean simply connecting wires for VCC, GND, CLK and I/O pins to my STM32F429 Discovery board, But I'm getting a wrong ATR

Armani.Pejman
Associate II
Posted on December 05, 2015 at 08:35

I contacted ST online support, here is the complete conversation:

SOLUTION PROPOSED BY SUPPORTER - 4/12/2015  18:53:22 : 

Yes the interface circuit is needed

( power supply contraints) ; you can find a reference schematics in STM3240G-EVAL ( I think other STM32 evalautino board also have smart card hardware interface ; for sure as it si board designed by ST there is a 8024 bt ST; but other chip can be used

Best regards

Description:

Hello

We want to interface a smart card with our main MCU in our AVL device, the goal is to read data from a Java Card.

I am using STM32F429 Discovery and STMCube example (/Projects/STM324xG_EVAL/Examples/SmartCard), I ported this example to STM32F429.

Unfortunately I'm getting wrong ATR when I run the sample.

However I am not using the ST8024 IC, it did not mention anything in the application node (AN2598) that this IC is mandatory.

So, Is this IC mandatory for communicating with smart cards?

Thanks and best regards