Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F4 controller suggestion

hakanyilmazmedikal
Associate
Posted on December 03, 2015 at 23:19

Hello ; 

I am new to the forum ; sorry for my odd quastion ; but since ST dont post the prices of thier controllers like TI , freescale  and microchip ; so I need to ask this question here ; I am switching my design From freescale MKV31F256VLH12 to STM32F4 

I am looking for M4 controller with at least 120MHZ performance ; at least 32 KB RAM ; pin number is not important (32 , 48 , 64 , 100.. ) ; with the lowest price to reduce the cost of the production ; 

While checking on Digikey for comparison the prices I found that freescale prices  is very low with respect to ST ; MKV31F256VLH12 is a very good controller with less than 3$  almost same controller from ST ; So please could you guide me if I can find the lowest cost STM32F4 controller with  at least 120MHZ performance

Thank you inadvanced 

Daneil 
3 REPLIES 3
Posted on December 04, 2015 at 03:25

I wrote a more complete post, but the forum ate it.

Suggest you pick up the phone and call the local ST sales office, or distributor. DigiKey has very high margins.

Also not sure how you arrived at M4 @ 120 MHz. The F4 has a very effective FLASH+CACHE arrangement that can significantly mitigate the slowness of FLASH.

There are 84 and 100 MHZ F4 parts that might have smaller memory/cost foot prints. The F4's all have significant more than 32 KB of RAM, and the 168/180 MHz ones you're looking at more than 128 KB RAM, and 512KB or more FLASH.

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Chris1
Senior III
Posted on December 04, 2015 at 14:54

You may be interested in the recent announcement:

STM32F410 microcontrollers of the STM32F4 Access Line, now entering volume production and supported by the new NUCLEO-F410RB development board, establish a smaller, lower-power and lower-cost entry point to the high-performance STM32 F4 series.  See:

http://www.st.com/web/en/news/n3757

This appears to be a 100 MHz device with M4F core for less than $2.

STM32F410 devices have from 64KB to 128KB Flash and 32KB SRAM, and feature a strong peripheral set with up to six timers including motor-control and 32-bit/100MHz timers.

Amel NASRI
ST Employee
Posted on December 04, 2015 at 17:21

Hi daneil.daneil,

but since ST dont post the prices of thier controllers like TI , freescale  and microchip ; so I need to ask this question here ; I am switching my design From freescale MKV31F256VLH12 to STM32F4 

You can find the prices in the tab ''Sample & Buy'' of a selected product.

Ex: http://www.st.com/web/catalog/mmc/FM141/SC1169/SS1577/LN1938/PF261572.

Using the ST MCU Finder application for mobile devices (www.st.com/stmcufinder), you can display selected products with the price in the selector results.

-Mayla-

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.