Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STVP Programming Toolkit Select From Multiple Devices

athamm
Associate II
Posted on February 23, 2016 at 02:02

Hello,

I am currently developing a custom STM32 programmer using the STVP programming toolkit. For my application two STM32 chips are connected to a single computer via two separate ST-LINK's. Looking at the STVP documentation, I can't seem to figure out how to select between the two ST-LINK's. I see that I can specify the port but that seems to just be USB, is there a way to select the ST-LINK by serial number or COM port?

Thanks,

Alex

#stvp-st-link-developer
1 REPLY 1
LaurentL
ST Employee
Posted on February 23, 2016 at 10:59

Hello,

No, you can't choose a serial number to select the STLink with the programming toolkit.

You can use the example installed in STVP directory (STVP_CmdLine.exe), you can choose the STlink id with ''Tool_ID'' arg:

[-Tool_ID=x] ==> ST-LINK Programming Tool ID (0, 1, 2...)

It is not very convenient because you have to try to know which STLink is ID 0 and 1.

If the devices connected to the STLink are the same and you want to program the same application program, you can use the ''NbTools'' arg instead:

[-NbTools=x] ==> Number of ST-LINK Tools with same device connected (Tool_ID is automatically incremented)

If you want to use the STlink's Serial Number, you can use the STLink Utility (that has also a command line tool).

Rgds,

Laurent