cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Impression from the Ac6 System Workbench and Cube

Vyacheslav Azarov
Associate III
Posted on November 09, 2016 at 06:00

I recently successful finished a project using free tools from you. I can not say that I have had no problems. I liked some of the features the CDT that the is not have even expensive systems. However, some features are not perfect and do not work correctly. And I refused to use the latest version of SW. On KDE it works badly, though beautiful. Still, I am very satisfied.

Thank you very much.

#eclipse #ac6 #workbench-cube-cdt-eclipse-gnu
3 REPLIES 3
Nesrine M_O
Lead II
Posted on November 10, 2016 at 15:25

Hi Viacheslav,

“some features are not perfect and do not work correctly�

Could you please provide more explanation:

•Witch features are not perfect?

•What are exactly the problems you faced?

•What kind of amelioration you suggest?

-Syrine-

Vyacheslav Azarov
Associate III
Posted on November 11, 2016 at 05:26

Hello Syrine, Thank you for reply.

Behavior of the directory renaming function leads to unpredictable changes ''#include'' directives. It would be smarter to define two different functions. Sometimes suddenly and spontaneously indirect determination ''#include'' is changing to global.

Not able to compile a single file as well is missing restart of the program without rebooting. Change platform of project, even without changing the type of microcontroller has a big problem. Very often need debug project on the Nucleo and on a the prototype device and need to switch the platform quickly.

The latest version for Linux has a very large indentation in the windows, which reduces the amount of visible useful information. A text editor unpleasantly blinks while scrolling.

And other trifle.

Excuse me bad English, please.

Andrew Neil
Chief II
Posted on November 11, 2016 at 09:00

Note that AC6 is based on Eclipse.

Most of the issues you describe sound like general Eclipse issues - so nothing specifically to do with ST or AC6.

Not able to compile a single file

This is certainly an Eclipse issue: You need to uncheck 'Build Automatically' on the 'Project' menu

is missing restart of the program without rebooting.

Not sure what you mean by that?

a very large indentation in the windows,

In the Project properties, look at C/C++ General > Formatter

See also Window > C/C++ > Preferences > Code Style > Formatter

And Window > General > Editors > Text Editors