Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question to COSMIC compiler experts

Vyacheslav Azarov
Associate III
Posted on November 29, 2016 at 21:19

Hello, I briefly.

How to implement critical section compatible with __monitor or __critical directives in other compilers? And how to pass the offset of stack of the local variables into inline assembler directives? And further. Who can explain it?

112  ; 22     saved_cc = _asm (''push cc \n'' ''pop a \n'');

115  0006 8a               push   cc

116  0007 84               pop    a

118  0008 01               rrwa   x,a

119  0009 6b05             ld     (OFST+0,sp),a

121  ; 24      backup = _current_task_;

123  000b ce0000           ldw    x,__current_task_

Thanks in advance.

#cosmic-critical-monitor #cosmic-critical
2 REPLIES 2
luca239955_stm1_st
Senior II
Posted on December 01, 2016 at 13:59

Hello,

these directives you mention (__monitor and __critical) are probably specific to some toolchain you have been using in the past, but if you tell us what they do we can probably explain the best way to do the same in Cosmic.

Same for the local variables address: please explain exactly what you want to do so that we can suggest the best possible solution.

Regards,

Luca

Vyacheslav Azarov
Associate III
Posted on December 01, 2016 at 15:25

Hello, Luca. Thanks for reply.

Prefix directives __monitor __task __noreturn  __interrupt  uses  IAR now. Postfix directives __critical, __interrupt, __naked used SDCC. They have some equivalencies.

The __interrupt it known and equivalent @interrupt of COSMIC. __monitor of IAR and __critical of SDCC have same sense and is describe function as critical section (with interrupts disabled). But into SDCC this directive implemented incorrectly. This directives allow insert preamble into code of  function without writing special clauses.

For example, can do as:

{

unsigned char saved_cc = (unsigned char)_asm(''push cc\n rim\n pop a'');

/* function code */

_asm(''push a\n pop cc\n'', saved_cc);

}

That is equivalent the directive __monitor what applied to the function header.

I hope what I was write understandable. All the same I am Russian. 🙂

Viacheslav.