Did you mean: 

Manuals - Numbers.

shingadaddy
Senior
Posted on December 05, 2016 at 18:13

ST document numbers/Titles?

UM1734: I have this. I want to see if I have the latest revision so ----

All along the bottom of each page is 'DocID025934 Rev 3'

1. Doing a SITE SEARCH for 'DocID025934' or parts of it turn up 'NO RESULTS'.

I use those kinds of searches instead of UMxxx because through the years I've learned that those

DOC ID numbers usuall, in the industry in general, take you to the NEWEST version.

2. Doing a SITE SEARCH for 'UM1734' turns up lots of hits but the TOP one suggests a document 'en.DM00108129.pdf'

NOT A LINK mind you but if I click the link ABOVE that I sure enough get UM1734 ( DocID025934 or whatever it is )

3. Doing a SITE SEARCH for 'en.DM00108129.pdf' turns up 'No Results found'.

So it leave me  - How am I susposed to know the live link that takes me to the doc is the correct UP TO DATE link?

Is there a Method? Or just Maddness?

Please advise and YES my CDC post is a QUESTION......   : - |

3 REPLIES 3
Thomas Borowczak
ST Employee
Posted on December 05, 2016 at 18:34

Hi,

ST.com hosts and shows only the latest version of a document.

Anytime a document is updated by our documentation team, it is automaticaly synched and pushed to st.com.

I recommand you search for the UMxxx or DBxxx or RMxxx reference (not DocID025934)

The search engine will return the documents that match in the ''ressource'' tab with your document in first line, in its latest version

http://www.st.com/content/st_com/en/search.html#q=UM1734-t=resources-page=1

0690X00000605jeQAA.png
Posted on December 05, 2016 at 19:35

Having old documents available, and easy to find, is important. I've have my own archive, but we tend to store them with product design files to understand what the document said at the time the design was commited.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Posted on December 05, 2016 at 20:30

Yeah in this arena I find you have to keep a copy of the entire IDE you used also. Paying attention to the revision too sometimes. Thank good ness for ZIP.