Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM Nucleo and SPI

d_aliaga
Associate II
Posted on December 15, 2015 at 10:56

Hello and thanks in advance.

I have now a STM32F091 Nucleo. I am interested in running SPI on it. However by looking at the page of the product I can not tell which pins are for SPI or if it supports SPI at all. For a moment I thought that maybe SPI is not implemented in this board!

But then I read 

http://www.open-electronics.org/lets-code-with-stm32-nucleo/

where they employ a Nucleo F401 and apparently it has four! SPI interfaces... but then again in the page of the product no SPI data is given!

So I am lost, can someone tell me if my Nucleo supports SPI, how many interfaces and where the pins are located??

I will very much appreciate your kind help
2 REPLIES 2
Amel NASRI
ST Employee
Posted on December 15, 2015 at 17:43

Hi KR1,

Please refer to the datasheet of the device used in your Nucleo bord.

You will find there all the required information about number of SPIs available and pins to use.

Then, you will need to refer to the Nucleo user manual to know the location of the pins in the board.

-Mayla-

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Posted on December 15, 2015 at 19:11

The NUCLEO is a board scheme that supports a very varied array of different STM32 parts, all with their own unique features. What you need to do is pull a DATA SHEET and REFERENCE MANUAL for the specific PART that is on your board, and review those. The data sheet for the parts deals with the pin level functionality, and augments the data you will find in the Nucleo data sheets and user manuals.

I have SPI working on a number of shield boards, reading/writing files on microSD cards, and doing data logging work.

My general view is that the USART and SPI functionality in Shields is very hit and miss. SPI1 tends to be exposed on two groups of the Dx pins.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..