Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FOC Open Loop reverse

vmatos
Associate II
Posted on January 28, 2016 at 19:23

Hello,

I'm currently using Open loop mode for debugging my hardware, current readings and such.

I have found by trial and error the best values for the offset and slope of the V/f curve, such that the motors work on the full range of speeds.

However, when I set negative velocities through MCI_ExecSpeedRamp(MCI, Vel, time), the motors do not behave the same as in the positive direction.

If I replace my offset and slope values by the default ones, the motors behave similarly in both directions.

Am I missing some step to make Open loop work with my V/f curve?

On another topic:

How can I obtain the confidential distribution of FOC SDK?

I've phoned ST's sales, which directed me to my local distributors.

I've contacted several distributors on my country. A couple were unhelpful, others had no idea what I was looking for. A couple others said they would redirect my request to ST.

So far I was not able to find anyone who could help me.

How can I contact in ST to help me obtain the SDK?

Best regards

#openloop
2 REPLIES 2
Gigi
Senior
Posted on April 01, 2016 at 15:53

Ciao

The open loop code is not an official feature (it is an experimentally feature that you can enable only manually, as you probably did). It is possible that there is some bugs when you work with negative speeds.

Regarding the code distribution... that is the way. You have to push in the direction of the distributors asking to verify with their ST contacts.

Ciao

Gigi

Laurent Ca...
Lead II

The question has been moved from the "Motor Control Hardware" section to the "STM32 Motor Control" section (the question is about the STM32 MC SDK). 

Best regards