Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32 ST-Link Utility Verify Problem

presti
Associate
Posted on December 23, 2015 at 11:38

Hello,

I'm using ST-Link Utility v.3.7.0 to download code on a STM32F103.

The code downloaded provides redout protection option byte. When I do ''program & verify'' with verification during programming at the end of the programming appears an error box with ''error programming @: 0x1FFFF800'', the address of the option bytes.

If I do program & verify with verification after programming the error address change to 0x08000000. In both cases the downloaded code works well, except for the fact that the boards does not reset automatically, nor pressing reset, I have to cicle the power supply.

If I do not use redout protection no errors arises and auto reset is ok after programming.

If I do programming without verify, no error but still no auto reset.

I imagine that this is the normal behavior caused by redout protection, but I want to be sure, can you confirm this?

Thanks

Best Regards

Dario  

#st-link-redout-programming
1 REPLY 1
elmekkihakim
Associate
Posted on April 08, 2016 at 16:38

Hello Presto,

When you perform program and verify after programming, the behaviour you get is normal, because after programming operation, the protection is set already, and the verification is no longer possible.

And about the program and verify while programming, make sure that, in your loaded file in the option bytes part where you've defined the protection, you've entred the complementary part correctly (Refer to the Reference manual)

In that case verify while programming should work correctly.

BR,