Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two SPC5EL60 communicating via UART

ivancolla9
Associate III
Posted on May 03, 2016 at 17:51

Good morning to everyone.

I am trying to have two mocro (SPCEL60 family) tha exchange some bytes. The micros are connected via UART. I am using the serial driver in cluded in SPC5 Studio.

Now I am tryong to use chnWrite and chnRead ol alternatevily sdGet and sdPut.

I am searching for instructions or tutorial, but I found only simple things (like continuosly send some bytes).

The problem I am trying to solve is the subsequent:

micro A do some thing and calculate a value.

micro B do the same thing.

micro A send the value to B.

B receive the value verify if is the same his.

B send the value to A.

A receive the value. If the value match, the two micro start again doing calculations, until the next comparison.

What I don't clearly understand is how to achieve this sort of ''conversation''. The two micro are not synchronous.

If I correctly understand, B should wait, for example calling a chnRead. But if micro transmit before B call that function? When B call the chnRead, it find the value in an underlying buffer managed by the hardware? Or the value is lost and B wait forever?

Are there standard methods to apply in order to achieve a two way exchange of values between tow micros connected via UART?

Regards,

Ivab

#uart
1 REPLY 1
Erwan YVIN
ST Employee
Posted on May 10, 2016 at 10:49

Hello Ivan ,

You do not need to synchronize the 2 micros.

to communicate the 2 devices should share the same parameters

Did you use the Output Formatter component (From OS-Less or RLE) or Chibios Output formatter ?

Often , when i communicate by UART (ESP8266 (Arduino), Other Micros ..) , i use this component.

Example of source code with AT communication with ESP8266 in attachment

Best regards

Erwan

Attachments :

source.zip : https://st--c.eu10.content.force.com/sfc/dist/version/download/?oid=00Db0000000YtG6&ids=0680X000006qUqP&d=%2Fa%2F0X0000000bno%2FUvmpYP_DTMB_f1fZEfil9dIEbdn43iu1Ggj4ImGOdHA&asPdf=false