Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Programmatically erase flash memory block

ivancolla9
Associate III
Posted on March 02, 2016 at 15:57

Good morning to everyone.

I am trying to erase a flash memory block. I am try not to use the drivers. As now, I managed to program individual memory cells of the flash memory with storage data, following the Reference Manual at page 6 Now, in order to store new values, I want to programmatically erase a flash memory block following the guide at page 6 I use the following code:

CFLASH.MCR.R = CFLASH.MCR.R | 0x4; /* Change the value of MCR[ERS] bit from 0 to 1. */
CFLASH.HBS.B.HSL = 0b01; /* Select H0 flash memory block: High Address Space starting at 0x0008_0000*/
*(ULONG*)0x00080000 = 1; /* Interlock writing as per RM pag 6*/
CFLASH.MCR.R = CFLASH.MCR.R | 0x1; /* Set MCR[EHV] to 1, in order to start an internal erase sequnece. */
/*... unreachable code. */

The problem is that, after setting MCR[EHV] to 1, the micro go in error. The strange thing is that MCR[RWE] is set to 1, indicating a Read While Write Event Error. I don't understand why this is the case. I am trying the operation on a block where there is no program code (only a stored value) and I am doing the actions prescribed by the RM. The block is not locked: the corresponding bit in HBL register is set to 0. Resets using other tools work, so is not a problem of the flash, but of the code. Someone has some idea regarding this code snippet? Thank you, Ivan #flash-erase
3 REPLIES 3
Erwan YVIN
ST Employee
Posted on April 08, 2016 at 10:46

Hello Ivan ,

sorry for the late answer,

Did you solve the issue ?

Could you confirm the device used ?

you can find the flash driver in the SPC5Studio Eclipse marketplace.

(cf screenshot)

often , after generating an internal erase sequence , you have to wait for completion

/* Waiting completion then stopping operation.*/

while (!DFLASH.MCR.B.DONE)

;

Best regards

Erwan

Erwan YVIN
ST Employee
ivancolla9
Associate III
Posted on May 03, 2016 at 17:39

Hello Erwan.

I found the driver of which you spoke and learned to use it. 

Now the issue is solved.

Thank you,

Ivan