Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM3240G-EVAL user manual and ethernet

johanjohan9
Associate
Posted on February 05, 2016 at 15:44

Hello,

I recently received a STM3240G-EVAL. It seems to be hardware rev C, with firmware rev 1.2.1 dated 2015.

I downloaded the user manual, but I only found for rev A & B, dated 2012. Any updated user manual? 

Is it possible to run ethernet on rev 1.2.1? There doesn't seem to be any icon to click for the web server, in contrast to what is said in the older user manuals. When I connect it to a router, the connection leds will faithfully blink, but it is not listed in the DCHP server.

best regards

Johan

johan@edab.nu

2 REPLIES 2
Posted on February 05, 2016 at 21:59

Well this has the Rev C schematics in it

http://www.st.com/st-web-ui/static/active/en/resource/technical/document/user_manual/DM00036746.pdf

I have no particular reason to believe that the Ethernet doesn't work on the board, provided the clock and MII/RMII jumpers are set correctly and match the build of the software in use. I'd have to dig to see if it's a board I have and the PCB version.

There should be the demo software, the platform builder, and LwIP examples available for it. Check the README.TXT for any board/rev specific information.

http://www.st.com/web/en/catalog/tools/PF257906

You might want to look at the NUCLEO-144 boards for something more recent.

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
johanjohan9
Associate
Posted on February 12, 2016 at 09:48

Thank you, I see now that the schematic indeed includes rev C. 

The ethernet is working with the cube4 lwIP example project, but I don't know what the original firmware is doing. There is no icon on the touch screen for the web server to perform settings and I haven't been able to find the source code for it.

Anyway, I can work with the lwIP example, so that should be okey.

Now my issue is with my own prototype. With the same lwIP firmware, sans a few moved pins and another external clock speed, the boad doesn't receive all the messages from the ethernet comm. The signals on RD0, RD1 and CRSDV looks okey, same as eval board, as far as I can tell. But while some udp messages are handled, it doesn't receive any arp messages. The board will send ''gratitous'' arp messages fine, but doesn't receive ''who has x.x.x.x'' messages.