Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STemwin - undefined reference to `WM_GetDesktopWindow'

marius2
Associate II
Posted on January 03, 2016 at 09:50

Hi All

I am a newby here and with STemwin. I am using the System Workbench for STM32. The hardware is the STM32F429I-DISCO board. I am attempting (as a first) to build a basic window with frame and two buttons using the GUIbuilder provided with STemwin.

I have a problem that compiler or linker does not find reference to  WM_GetDesktopWindow'. Although if I use the IDE to open the definition I can get to it so it does exist in WM.h

I tried all things that my little knowledge allows but I cannot seem to track this error down.

Any assistance will be much appreciated.

#!stm32 #stemwin
5 REPLIES 5
marius2
Associate II
Posted on January 04, 2016 at 10:31

Ok got this one sorted out. The library was not named according to the Eclipse standard. I renamed and it was fixed.

Vitor Pereira
Associate II
Posted on January 13, 2017 at 18:35

Hi Marius, I'm trying to use  the STemWin Library on SW4STM32 but I can't even start, cause I don't know how to correctly include it on my project, I'm really confused. Looks like you've had more success than me, could you give me some light on the subject? It would be of great value to me.

Thanks

Vítor Pereira

Posted on January 13, 2017 at 19:17

Hello

Pereira.V_tor

‌,

Seems the library ismissed for the linker or include path is not set up properly.

Which version of STemWin and emWin are you using ?Have you added the emWin library to your project ?

You'd need to ensure that the functionis properly defined.

Review the configuration of your project and set

coherently

the include paths which contain the directories that defined the header files.

You can refer tothe application note AN4323: 'Getting started with STemwin Library'.

I recommend also to run the Stemwin example in the STM32CubeF4for SW4STM32 Toolchain/IDEwhich help you to develop the basic configuration of your application:

STM32Cube_FW_F4_V1.0\Projects\STM32F429I-Discovery\Applications\STemWin

Hope this helps you

Regards

ImenD

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen
Posted on January 16, 2017 at 12:24

Hi Imen,

I'm using the version 1.2.0 of the STemWin Library. About the emWin, what's the difference here? I' mean, isn't STemWin developed from the emWin with some changes in order to fit better the ST hardware? Or I just misunderstood everything?

About adding the emWin to my project: that's the main thing that is making me confused. 

Thank you

Vítor Pereira

Imen.D
ST Employee
Posted on January 16, 2017 at 16:37

Hi

Pereira.V_tor

STemWin library based on SEGGER emWin version V5.32 for the last version of STM32CubeF4 V1.0.

For information, a list of all widgets (based on the functions of the Window Manager) available in STemWin Library can be found at

http://www.segger.com

I would suggest you to get further information fromtheemwin user guide of SEGGER UM03001 and you can refer to the according functions for detailed on how to use them.

Regards

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen