cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Current USB Keyboard HID HAL profile for STM32F4?

paul239955_stm1
Associate
Posted on January 04, 2016 at 23:56

Dear Community,

I have some trouble getting the HID Keyboard on the F4 running. I can only find code examples for outdated libraries. Is there any current USB HID Keyboard HAL profile available? The only recent lib I can find is for Mouse/Joystick/Gamepad HID. Some current examples would be also very appreciated.

What I want to achieve is to input strings and ALT-ASCII characters to the host via USB HID keypress including modifier keys.

Thanks a lot for your help!

Outdated Examples:

#usb-hid-keyboard
2 REPLIES 2
Amel NASRI
ST Employee
Posted on January 06, 2016 at 14:02

Hi paul007,

In the STM32CubeF4 package, you may find a HID example in this folder: STM32Cube_FW_F4_V1.10.0\Projects\STM324xG_EVAL\Applications\USB_Host\HID_Standalone.

It is a typical application on how to use the STM32F4xx USB OTG Host peripheral to interact with an USB HID Device such as a Mouse or a Keyboard.

You can also get more details on the HID class used to access the mouse or keyboard referring to

http://www.st.com/st-web-ui/static/active/en/resource/technical/document/user_manual/DM00105256.pdf

(STM32Cube USB host library).

-Mayla-

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

paul239955_stm1
Associate
Posted on January 07, 2016 at 13:48

Hi Mayla,

thanks for your reply. The examples you are mentioning are referring to the MCU being a host. However I'd like the MCU to be a keyboard (device). As far as I can tell, there is no Keyboard HID Profile in the Cube HAL. I'm looking for references to how or where someone implemented something like that.

- Paul