cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing ST-LINK/V2 USB drivers.

mbmail4
Associate II
Posted on January 08, 2016 at 22:57

Hi, I'm a newbie, and I have just started working with STM32 and the GNU tools available, and can anybody explain what is correct from the following quote on how to install

which is on (

http://gnuarmeclipse.github.io/openocd/install/

) OpenOcd: ST-LINK/V2

One example of compatible drivers are the ST-LINK/V2 USB drivers, from ST, available as part number

http://www.st.com/web/en/catalog/tools/FM147/SC1887/PF260219

. Download the

stsw-linkzip

archive, extract its content to a separate folder, and run the

dpinst_amdexe

(or

dpinst_xexe

) with administrative privileges. I Have two versions of OpenOCD ST-LINK_USB_V2_1_Driver and ST-LINK_USB_V2_Driver Has anyone done it this way before? Thanks. #openocd
2 REPLIES 2
Posted on January 08, 2016 at 23:43

I'm not even sure what the question is. I don't know what version of Windows you have, or what specific ST-LINK you have.

The V2.1 drivers are for the mbed enabled version of the ST-LINK

I'd start by using the ST-LINK Utilities, make sure you update the firmware, and then use the V2 or V2.1 driver package as appropriate, and the 32-bit or 64-bit installer depending on your version of Windows. I suspect the V2.1 stuff will also work with the older V2. I pretty much use the ST-LINK, DISCO, and NUCLEO boards interchangeably and really don't have a lot of issues with the drivers.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
mbmail4
Associate II
Posted on January 09, 2016 at 03:27

Hi Clive1. I have Windows10, and I use the older stm32vldiscovery board, and I also have a Olimex P103. I program my P103 using an St-Link/V2, and the discovery with the built in programmer that comes with the unit, as you would already know.

I have my eclipse IDE working at the moment as far as editing compiling and programming, but I want to set up the debugger. So far I have installed OpenOCD, but I'm a bit confused about running

dpinst_amd64.exe, arnt the drivers already installed? and do I also have to install QEMU? is this just a simulator? or also a on chip debugger?

Thanks Clive

cheers