Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM Cube Firmware Package

mbmail4
Associate II
Posted on January 22, 2016 at 04:18

Hi.

I cannot successfully load and compile the STM32F103RB-Nucleo project. I have System Workbench for STM32, which I recently setup.

I carry out the instruction exactly as per page16 of UM1847, and I get the error:

''Some projects cannot be imported because they already exist in the workspace or their project description file is corrupt.''

I've checked and all the paths seem to be set up correctly. Has anyone had this problem?

can someone help me get it to work.

Regards

9 REPLIES 9
Nesrine M_O
Lead II
Posted on January 22, 2016 at 10:24

Hi b.m.002,

1-On first step try to delete the project from workspace ,

2-Then follow steps on this 

http://www.openstm32.org/Importing+a+STCubeMX+generated+project?structure=Documentation

to import project under SW4STM32 : if you try to import an existing project from CUBE firmware package start from the step 4

-Syrine-

mbmail4
Associate II
Posted on January 22, 2016 at 13:07

Hi Syrine, I've done that a few times without success,,,same error every time? thanks for your input so far.

Nesrine M_O
Lead II
Posted on January 22, 2016 at 14:42

Hi  b.m.002,

1/ Try to delete the project from workspace without selecting the option “Delete project contents on disk (cannot be undone)�

2/ or try to switch workspace: file> Switch workspace, then import your project.

-Syrine-

mbmail4
Associate II
Posted on January 22, 2016 at 22:53

Hi Syrine.

I have been experimenting for hours. Thank you for your new post and helping out.

If I carry you first suggestion, I cannot the re import the project, Atilloc wont allow it.

If I carry out you second suggestion, there is no difference.

Also when I try to carry out the instructions on the web link you supplied in your earlier post which I have already gone through several times over the last day or so I get a new error message:

'' Resource '/STM3210C_EVAL' already exists.

This is probably from all the different attempts I have made so far. If I now carry you first suggestion, and delete this project, when I try to re import the project I get a new message again.

'' Resource '/STM3210E_EVAL' already exists.

Eventually Atollic will not highlight any workspace projects when I try to re import.

It appears that the only way I can bring the whole cube F1 firmware example into the workspace is to first copy the whole package ( STM32Cube_FW_F1_V1.3.0 ) into the target Atollic workspace, create a new Atollic C project giving it the same name as the firmware package ( STM32Cube_FW_F1_V1.3.0 ). Then Atollic will create a new project with all of the directory and file structures in place, but the problem is I cannot get this project to successfully compile. If I try and fix one issue, as expected its like chasing ghosts!

Thanks.

mbmail4
Associate II
Posted on January 25, 2016 at 08:22

Hi Syrine, any ideas?

TarekB-ST
Associate III
Posted on January 25, 2016 at 14:24

Hello b.m.002,

Could you please precise, which IDE you are using ??

Because at beginning you said that you are using SystemWorkbech, and now you are talking about Atollic TrueSTUDIO !

Could you please be more specific, in order to better understand you ?

Best Regards,

TarekB
mbmail4
Associate II
Posted on January 25, 2016 at 22:21

This is what happens when you spend too many hours on the one thing without a break.

Its ''SystemWorkbech'' for this site.

Its Atollic for the Atollic forum.

I cannot import the project in either. I have Windows10.

Either my computer is broken, or there is something wrong with the project that has been distributed, is anyone else having the same problems? it would be great to hear from someone who imported successfully?

Also I don't see an edit button available, are we able to edit out posts?

TarekB-ST
Associate III
Posted on January 26, 2016 at 15:06

Hello,

>> Also I don't see an edit button available, are we able to edit out posts?

Yes it is possible, look under you post (to the left : under your avatar)

>> 

Either my computer is broken, or there is something wrong with the project that has been distributed, is anyone else having the same problems? it would be great to hear from someone who imported successfully?

I dont know if SystemWorkbench supports officially Windows 10

because in there 

http://www.openstm32.org/Downloading+the+System+Workbench+for+STM32+installer?structure=Documentation

they only supports Windows 7 and Linux (and MacOS beta - announced in the 

http://www.openstm32.org/tiki-view_forum_thread.php?comments_parentId=1875&forumId=7

)

Sorry to redirect you, but I think it better to post you problem in 

http://www.openstm32.org/forum7

(you should login first)

Before creating a new topic, I suggest that you give it another try after switching workspace (this always saves me).

Best Regards,

Tarek
mbmail4
Associate II
Posted on January 27, 2016 at 02:11

Thanks for your help tarekb.

Since I have removed several older not working programs, re installed all of my eclipse based IDE's, updated my windows drivers to W10 versions, and now I've been able to get it to work. I'm not sure that was it though, maybe I just needed to walk away from it for a while 🙂