cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F0XX RTC calendar can't be configured

engenharia2
Associate II
Posted on January 14, 2016 at 15:48

The original post was too long to process during our migration. Please click on the attachment to read the original post.
3 REPLIES 3
Walid FTITI_O
Senior II
Posted on January 15, 2016 at 12:14

Hi jeremy_cis,

Can you provide further information about :

- Source of system reset:  resume from standby/ PVD/ BOR... ?

- The main function; how you are managing resuming from system reset / calling  RTC Init/Config functions.

-Hannibal-

engenharia2
Associate II
Posted on January 18, 2016 at 16:39

Hi Hannibal,

The source of system reset is the NRST pin of the microcontroller.

I'm currently testing putting that pin down manually, but the debugger ST-LINK / V2 ISOL also causes the microcontroller reset by software when running in debug mode. This causes the same problem.

I don't managing resuming from system reset.

As an example follows a main.c archive that is with this problem. If the string ''str'' is read can be seen the value of date and time and below I call the function that modifies these values. If you connect the microcontroller without performing a reset, you can see the value being reconfigured every time, but if a reset is performed, AT_RTC function will have no effect on the values.

Attachments :

main.c : https://st--c.eu10.content.force.com/sfc/dist/version/download/?oid=00Db0000000YtG6&ids=0680X000006I0tJ&d=%2Fa%2F0X0000000bfC%2F7SeKdlKsT9n9UbxKT1c_LtQMSYYspHOiMgOcvO9Z4gg&asPdf=false
Walid FTITI_O
Senior II
Posted on March 31, 2016 at 15:16

Hi Freya, 

It seems that your problem is coming from a bad switching between Power-ON and resuming from Standby/RESET states like this [DEAD LINK /public/STe2ecommunities/mcu/Lists/cortex_mx_stm32/Flat.aspx?RootFolder=/public/STe2ecommunities/mcu/Lists/cortex_mx_stm32/STM32F437%20exiting%20standby%20incorrectly&currentviews=63]request.

Take a look to my recommendation there.

-Hannibal-