Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X-CUBE-MEMSMIC1 - extending to 6 microphones using NUCLEO-F401RE

jnramya88
Associate
Posted on January 12, 2016 at 15:16

Hello,

I need help with regard to extending the 4 microphone architecture of X-CUBE-MEMSMIC to 6 microphones using X-NUCLEO-CCA02M1 and STEVAL-MKI155V3. I have attached the modified BSP driver .c and .h files. Also in audio_application.h I have changed the no. of microphones to 6. I have tried to configure SPI3 for microphones M5 and M6. I see that slave select for both SPI1 and SPI3 are the same and since the slave select is not being used in this case, I know this shouldnt be a problem. Can you please let me know which all part of the code should I look into to get it working for 6 microphones. I have also tried to increase the PDM buffer but have not been successful. I see that PDM data is available on scope on all the 4 microphones but due to changes from my part of the code the data is not being recorded. Apart from the x_nucleo_cca02m1_audio_f4 BSP driver which part I should look into to extend the same to 6 microphone architecture.

Thanks,

Ramya
2 REPLIES 2
delphi
Associate II
Posted on June 21, 2016 at 20:03

I can do that work. Using the SPI strategy on 401RE - yes maybe. On 411RE - yes of corse. If you are able to pay for development then I can do that work for you and provide the source code. Write me a letter to delphi@robot-develop.org

Please notice that there is another possiblity to do so. But it seems that the MEMSMIC board contains an error in board schematic. It seems that the autor don't know about the peripheral code limitation for more than 4 mic. I fixed this bug.

delphi
Associate II
Posted on June 21, 2016 at 20:04

Also notice that MEMSMIC board are not provided with source of schematics which cause problems to understand the scheme. There is a small PDF material but this is just a picture.